Saturday 5 November 2011

Run to work (Hannah)

My run to work is ten miles. So I have to be feeling up for it. Partly cos ten miles is quite a long way to run before breakfast. But also cos it involves a 5.30 wake up call to ensure I have enough time at the other end for a good stretch.

Cos I've not been on top form for a few months I've had to insert a train into the run which makes it a more sensible distance but goes against the idea of saving money and not relying on public transport or being bound by timetables.

Well, this week I started running to work again. And it was great. I just really like knowing I've got there under my own steam, that gives me a real feeling of freedom. And all the autumn colours were out in Hyde park too which made it even more enjoyable.

The only thing I'm going to need to remember is that I'll need to up my calorie intake! Whilst I can afford to drop a couple of kilos I don't want to lose too much weight as we're heading into the cold and flu season.

In terms of food, I have a banana before I leave home. One of my tricks though is having a pot of nut butter at work. Almond at the moment. A teaspoon of that with breakfast and another with lunch is a reliable way of getting good fats and some protein. And it helps keep me full too. I do get some funny looks in the office though as I'm digging into the jar - not sure it's quite the professional image I should be striving for!

No comments:

Post a Comment